School Logo

Exeter Road Community Primary School

Every Child Can Succeed

Interactive bar

Get in touch

Contact Details

PTA

Minutes of the PTFA Meeting Wednesday 23rd June 2021

Attended by, Justine, Sadie, Paul, Angela and Beverly.

 

  1. Apologies from Liz, Alison, Diana, Lorraine,
  2. Change of PTFA bank from HSBC to NatWest –
    1. The PTFA would like to open a new account at the NatWest and authorization to do this is given to Liz to action – reason for changing is the closure of HSBC in Exmouth.
    2. No debit cards.
    3. Yes, to internet banking.
    4. 2 signatories on cheques.
    5. Agree that cash can be withdrawn from the account with a letter signed by two signatories.
    6. No overdraft/borrowing
    7. Signatories to be Paul, Liz & Bev
    8. Officers are Justine, Bev & Liz (the application has asked for all officers to be included in the application)
    9. Correspondence address and business address is the school – correspondence sent to Treasurer (not a named person to allow for changing of people).

 

All agreed to the above, Liz please action the change of Banks.

  1. Sadie suggested a card payment machine called Sum Up, and all agreed this will be good for taking payments at events and due to covid-19 a lot of parents no longer carry cash. (Transaction charge 1.69%) Sadie to order.
  2. Summer raffle –
    1. Sadie to send Paul the images of the prizes and text for Paul to email an update on ParentMail.
    2. Sadie concerned about the number of tickets sold and we may possibly delay drawing the raffle by a week to give more parents time to buy tickets.
    3. Sadie is happy to sell tickets from the playground at drop off and pickups.
    4. Liz has asked if PTFA can produce some Posters advertising the summer raffle to be posted in each classroom.

 

  1. Feedback on the sweet jar fundraiser. All agreed on a great effort by all and a fantastic effort by reception. We all agreed we would like to run another one in September.

 

Mrs Gosling is going to spread the winnings across nursery, reception and year 1, as her class will soon be going into year 1. Mrs Gosling is going to look at buying the following and will send an update/pictures of the following when they arrive (Tuff spot and stand for year 1, reception & early years – buying some books on culture and diversity and mirrors to brighten up the space, also playdoh tools.)

 

Minutes of the PTFA Meeting Wednesday 23rd June 2021.

  1. Attended by, Justine, Sadie, Paul, Angela and Beverly.

    All agreed to the above, Liz please action the change of Banks.

     

    Mrs Gosling is going to spread the winnings across nursery, reception and year 1, as her class will soon be going into year 1. Mrs Gosling is going to look at buying the following and will send an update/pictures of the following when they arrive (Tuff spot and stand for year 1, reception & early years – buying some books on culture and diversity and mirrors to brighten up the space, also playdoh tools.)

     

    AOB –

    1. Apologies from Liz, Alison, Diana, Lorraine,
    2. Change of PTFA bank from HSBC to NatWest –
      1. The PTFA would like to open a new account at the NatWest and authorization to do this is given to Liz to action – reason for changing is the closure of HSBC in Exmouth.
      2. No debit cards.
      3. Yes, to internet banking.
      4. 2 signatories on cheques.
      5. Agree that cash can be withdrawn from the account with a letter signed by two signatories.
      6. No overdraft/borrowing
      7. Signatories to be Paul, Liz & Bev
      8. Officers are Justine, Bev & Liz (the application has asked for all officers to be included in the application)
      9. Correspondence address and business address is the school – correspondence sent to Treasurer (not a named person to allow for changing of people).
    3. Sadie suggested a card payment machine called Sum Up, and all agreed this will be good for taking payments at events and due to covid-19 a lot of parents no longer carry cash. (Transaction charge 1.69%) Sadie to order.
    4. Summer raffle –
      1. Sadie to send Paul the images of the prizes and text for Paul to email an update on ParentMail.
      2. Sadie concerned about the number of tickets sold and we may possibly delay drawing the raffle by a week to give more parents time to buy tickets.
      3. Sadie is happy to sell tickets from the playground at drop off and pickups.
      4. Liz has asked if PTFA can produce some Posters advertising the summer raffle to be posted in each classroom.
    5. Feedback on the sweet jar fundraiser. All agreed on a great effort by all and a fantastic effort by reception. We all agreed we would like to run another one in September.
    6. AOB –
      1. Ice-cream Fridays – hold off for the moment due to the rise in Covid-19 numbers in the local areas.
      2. Justine to send Paul an email reminder about the bags 2 school reminding parents to drop clothes etc. off next week.
      3. Books already bought by Mrs Rich – PTFA to put together an email for Paul to send out to update parents/carers on the book fundraising progress.
      4. Angela Bryant and Mrs Carson running a uniform swap on 19th July 2021 with a bucket for donations on the table.
      5. Year 6 autograph books – double check with Liz that this could be coming out soon and BBQ if the year 6 allowed.
    7. Next meeting Wednesday 29th September 2021 at 7:30pm
    8. Ice-cream Fridays – hold off for the moment due to the rise in Covid-19 numbers in the local areas.
    9. Justine to send Paul an email reminder about the bags 2 school reminding parents to drop clothes etc. off next week.
    10. Books already bought by Mrs Rich – PTFA to put together an email for Paul to send out to update parents/carers on the book fundraising progress.
    11. Angela Bryant and Mrs Carson running a uniform swap on 19th July 2021 with a bucket for donations on the table.
    12. Year 6 autograph books – double check with Liz that this could be coming out soon and BBQ if the year 6 allowed.

 

Next meeting Wednesday 29th September 2021 at 7:30pm

Top