About our School
ERCPS – What are our Values & Ethos?
Exeter Road Community Primary School is an inclusive community, committed to providing an emotionally and physically safe environment which is caring, stimulating and challenging and where all children enjoy and achieve. We pride ourselves on having a calm and welcoming atmosphere where we take time to get to know each child and value the contribution they make to our school. At Exeter Road we believe that every child can and must succeed.
We strive to ensure that children have the levels of literacy and numeracy to equip them with the skills to continue their learning journey and achieve personal and economic fulfilment throughout their lives.
We aim to provide all children with a broad and balanced curriculum. A curriculum that:
- Promotes curiosity and enthusiasm;
- Encourages independence and confidence;
- Builds resilience and resourcefulness;
- Develops logical and creative thinking;
- Encourages a tolerance and respect for others and the development of personal self-esteem;
- Is nurturing and develops the whole child.
We want high self-esteem, confidence, independence, spirit, happiness, enthusiasm and motivation to characterise learners at Exeter Road; enabling them to be prepared for life in the 21st century.
Learning beyond the classroom provides children with experiences that enhance and enrich learning: we are committed to children being involved in as many of these opportunities as possible.
We will work collaboratively with other local schools and organisations in order to provide the best educational opportunities we can for the children in our community.
We act to ensure positive partnerships with parents, valuing their views and working alongside them to encourage and support their children.
Children are at the centre of all that we do. Our staff take time to listen carefully to their opinions and perspectives and ensure that learning has relevance, purpose and meaning.
Also, Exeter Road is a school that supports the cooperative values & ethos, which, we believe, are fundamentally British values. We therefore subscribe to and try to promote the following:
The Co-operative values of:
The Ethical values:
- Openness – nobody’s perfect, and we won’t hide it when we’re not
- Honesty – we are honest about what we do and the way we do it
- Social responsibility – we encourage people to take responsibility for our community, and work together to improve it
- Caring for others – we regularly fund charities and local community groups.
At Exeter Road we believe that ‘Every Child Can Succeed’